Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Ashtanga Yoga: Getting Back Into It!

Once upon a time...
Ashtanga Yoga was an important part of my health & wellness routine. I had no issues finding the time, or money, to incorporate several lessons a week in my schedule.

source
Then... I quit my job, went back to school, and got pregnant, then after graduating became a stay-at-home Mom. I know there are some women out there who are perfectly happy to exercise while pregnant, and get back down to 'pre-baby' size shortly afterwards - but I was not...
 
I have spent the last two years taking very good care of my baby, and I recently realized I wasn't taking very good care of myself. So, I decided the first order of business is to get myself back into shape by utilizing my favorite inner&outer beauty treatment, Yoga! Wait a minute, did I say inner beauty? Yoga helps you feel centered, releases stress, and improves self-confidence; this in turn creates happiness - and happy people are beautiful people!

Since I do not have the cash, or childcare, to take classes - I am going it on my own. I have an awesome video, "Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series with Shri R. Sharath", however it is advanced, and was difficult even when I was in the best shape of my life... not a good option to start out with, not if I want to be able to move for the week afterwards ha!

source
Since I mainly practiced the Ashtanga Primary Series, I know a portion from memory, but it's just not good enough. That is when I started to look for a chart online, in a size large enough, that I can clearly see the poses, and be able to print it out for my little work-out room in the basement.

Well - this is the best I found (for free) so I wanted to pass it along. I really like how it has included the breathing and proper names as well! Here is the link so you can get it full size.


**Please note, if you have never tried Ashtanga Yoga before, I suggest you take some classes before going it alone - the instructor will help you learn how to breath and hold a pose correctly. Some poses you simply cannot figure out how to do from the picture unless you have done it before, and there is the potential to injure yourself in Yoga, so please use caution.

1 comment:

  1. Yoga is a great way to balance your inner Feng Shui. Many people just focus on the home remedies, but they do completely forget that it will not work once the personal balance is off. Yoga and meditation can archive this to become healthy and well balanced. Once this is done, you can do the home arrangements with easy to do Feng Shui Tips inside your home.

    ReplyDelete